Well hello 2011!



Sadly I promised I'd be a better blogger, and well I haven't lived up to that! *oops* So much has gone on since September and finding out that our third little miracle was on the way! I had my very first ultrasound on October 19, 2010. The blob that is our baby was just relaxing in there with a wonderfully strong heart-rate of 160bpm. I couldn't have been happier at that moment to see that something was actually in there and was the cause for all my heartburn! Oddly enough my first trimester went by without a hitch. No morning sickness at all, thank goodness, just the occasional bout of heartburn or being overly tired. I am a type 2 diabetic, and I did have to switch from the pills I've taken to help control it to insulin injections, which haven't been entirely fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Because I am diabetic I am also considered highrisk. I have to go to the OB every week which seems to cause my pregnancies to drag on, though I do know all the extra care is worth the final result! I have to have a highrisk level 2 scan sometime during my second trimester. I wasn't able to get an appointment during December and the next time they are down this way won't be until the end of January. We now have 3 weeks left until the big scan, but I was desperate to know if we would have our third little boy, or if we were having a girl this time! Since I was so impatient I traveled to Odessa, Texas on the 21st of December to have an elective 3D/4D scan done. It was so worth it. I'd never had one done before and some of the pictures we received made the baby look a bit alien like, that was expected for only being 17 weeks and 2 days. but it was exciting to see him/her again! I also realized after I got home that my scanner glass was covered with tiny finger and palm prints thanks to my toddler, so don't mind that the pictures have prints on them!

This is my favorite picture of the baby so far. From this view, I can tell he/she is going to look a lot like his/her big brother Brodie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

it's a.........

Photobucket

I already knew in my heart what I wanted to name him, it took a couple weeks to get the hubby to come over to my side!

Photobucket

Jaxon, because I am in love with the name, and David after my youngest brother David Lee. He was born on July 12, 1994 and passed from SIDS on July 23, 1994. He was only with us for 11 short days, but will live on in our hearts forever!

I will try to keep the updates coming more frequently now that I actually have a little more time on my hands. I went to see my OB yesterday, and I've been fortunate that even though there are four providers in the office I have only had to see him. He did inform me that I have to meet the other two highrisk OB's before I decide who I want to perform my c-section. I already know I want him to do it. I don't click with one of the providers and one I don't know. So a week from tomorrow I will meet the other provider, even though I know my choice will not change. At 28 weeks I will set up a date to have my c-section done. I am shooting for after the 21st of May. I want to get as close to my DD and June as possible.

Until next time.........



No comments:

Post a Comment